Mable – 3 year old female Harrier Hound

Mable is a 3 year old female Harrier Hound. “I came to SEDR as an unclaimed stray very shy and extremely underweight.

I have been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped and am in foster in Sittingbourne, Kent. I am still shy initially when meeting new people, especially men but once I know you, I’m the biggest snuggle monster.

It appears I hadn’t lived in a house before, and found everyday things such as the TV and washing machine a little scary but being in a foster home has helped hugely and I’m not used to these things.

I enjoy my walks but will startle at things such as loud vehicles and trains. In typical hound fashion, my desire to sniff outweighs any decent recall so I’m walking in a long line unless in a hired secure field.

I have been completely housetrained and non-destructive. I loved to snuggle up on the sofa for cuddles and am quite good at bopping you in the face with my paws.

I am learning what toys are, and have shown no resource guarding around food or any items. I adore the company of other dogs and I would like to find a home with another dog who can help give me confidence and to play with. I cannot live with cats or small furries.

I can live with dog-savvy children who understand my initial shyness, and who won’t mind the occasional paw slap in the face whilst I’m cuddling up for attention!!

Here’s what my foster parents say about me. ” Mable is a gentle soul whose desire to trust people is more powerful than any past negative experiences.

She spent Xmas day with several new people and within hours was fast asleep on their laps. She is excellent at the home and, after a walk, will spend the whole day snoozing and cuddling.

She loves to play with other dogs but is still figuring out how to play with people.

She can be skittish with loud noises but is learning fast. She doesn’t know basics like sit and paw and just needs a new family to show her the world and how great a dog’s life can be! If you have the time to give Mable, you will be rewarded with a loyal lifelong companion and excellent nap buddy.” – Quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Simple Tricks To Develop a Connection with Your Dog

Travel Guide: Pet Friendly Bisbee, Arizona

Boton – 5 month old male Basset Fauve de Bretagne Cross