Shelley – 6 year old female Cross-Breed

Shelley is a 6 year old female Cross-Breed. ” I needing a new home. I have been neutered and microchipped. I am an extremely friendly and social girl who adores people. I love a cuddle, and am always up for a new adventure, or a duvet day on the sofa with my favourite people.

I could live with dog savvy children. I have tested well with other dogs and could live with other dogs or as an only dog. I’m not overly playful with other dogs and would rather have cuddles with a human or chase a ball!! Upon a routine check up, it was discovered that I have mitral valve disease (MVD) which is a heart problem caused by a faulty heart valve.

Mitral valve disease cannot be cured, but fortunately most dogs can be well managed with medication and lifestyle changes. At this point in time, it’s not affecting my health or exercise regime but my new family need to be aware that this is a degenerative condition and there is no way to tell how slowly or quickly this will progress…but can eventually lead to heart failure as I age.

I still have a lot of energy and love my walks! After my heart scan, I have started medication and will need check ups every 6 months. My current medication is around £20 per month but this may increase in time if I need additional medication, and of course will not be covered by insurance.

I understand that the above will put many people off from adopting me…but i am putting myself out there because I have a world of love to give to my new family and I have everything crossed that someone will see past my heart issue…and take me into their heart and home where I promise I will fill your days with love and laughter….and lots of snuggles!! I have a high prey drive so cannot live with cats or small furries!

I can live with dog savvy children. I am a perfect patient at the vets, and am working on walking nicely on the lead (I won’t lie, I do pull a lot at first…I just have a healthy enthusiasm for new adventures and can’t wait to get going!) I would love a home where someone is always around, or with someone who can take me to work with them.” – Quote

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe 1-2 year old female Shepherd Cross

Dog Friendly Beaches On The Florida Panhandle

Pet Friendly San Antonio: Exploring The River Walk & Beyond